Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sutton-Taylor Feud


Liford's Books & Fine Art store in Gonzales, Texas hosts several book signings each year and is so supportive of Texas authors and arts.
A couple of years ago we went to Gonzales for a book signing by Texas author Elmer Kelton (among other Texas authors). Gonzales is a very interesting town and when we visit, we always find something we've not observed before.

The Handbook of Texas Online is an invaluable resource for Texas research and I find myself referring to it many times as I learn more about this Great State of Texas!
http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/SS/jcs3.html
Some of my Barton relatives were in the original DeWitt Colony and even before we moved to Seguin, I was interested in this era of Texas history.

No comments:

Post a Comment