"When we got lost in a bog last summer, my sister, said, 'If I die first, you can eat me.'"
"My friend Brenda is on the English Red and Green Diet," I tell her. "You eat five fruits and five veggies every day. But on green days you add things that grow. And on red days you add things that walk."
Monday, March 23, 2009
GOLDEN RULES FOR NIECES AND NEPHEWS
- Don't assume that you are the most important thing in your aunt's life.
- A Thank-You letter or message -- by telephone or e-mail, if not by mail -- is due for every gift or outing.
- Remember your aunt's birthday, as she remembers yours.
- Keep in mind that she's getting old, but don't remind her of it.
- Tease her as much as you like, but don't call her "aunt" or "auntie" if she really doesn't like it.
- Keep in touch