Friday, January 2, 2009

I miss the Tattered Cover Book Store!

I loved going to the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver. This store was initially a very small bookstore on 3rd Avenue in Cherry Creek. When they moved to a larger building (a former department store) a few blocks from this first site, all of the customers helped move the books. I think that I had one of the first 100 numbered accounts at this delightful bookstore - and treasured it! Of course, hubby was not so pleased that I established this account - especially at the first of the month when the accounting came due! Later another Tattered Cover opened in LoDo (Lower Downtown Denver). Shortly after we moved, a Tattered Cover was built in Highlands Ranch (outside Denver).

Since we moved from Denver, The Tattered Cover in Cherry Creek moved yet again (with all of the store's customers helping to move those thousands of books). I've not yet visited this store on Colfax - in what is called Greektown. I MISS THIS BOOKSTORE! Hopefully, Seguin will one day have a friendly bookstore such as The Tattered Cover. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattered_Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment