The Seguin Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association provided lunch for the Seguin Police Department today - a small act of appreciation for all the SPD does for Seguin.
ALMOST A MEAL CASSEROLE
1 pound ground beef - browned, drained
1 cup chopped onions
28 ounces canned tomatoes - chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups potatoes - diced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
10 ounces frozen corn - thawed
10 ounced frozen lima beans - thawed
1 large bell pepper - cut in strips
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, combine browned and drained beef, onion, and tomatoes with liquid, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole.
- Layer the potatoes, flour, corn, lima beans and green peppers on top.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F. for 45 minutes
- Sprinkle with the cheese and continue baking, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer.
[Very good for preparing ahead of time. To reheat, place foil loosely over top and reheat in oven for about 20 minutes.]