Thursday, April 23, 2009

Must read the book before I see the movie

I've not yet read this book, but I'm thinking that I should read it before seeing the movie .

"The most fanciful of sci-fi authors could not match the reality of what transpires in the shadowy netherworld of military psychic intelligence. Ronson begins his book in a curious place: by researching the claim of famed Israeli huckster and pseudo-psychic Uri Geller that he'd once worked for U.S. military intelligence. From that unpromising starting point, Ronson manages to unearth a demented army subculture of would-be "warrior monks" dating from the early 1970s when fascination with the New Age, paranormal "science," and Eastern Mysticism, was rife even in military circles. "
The movie of The Men Who Stare at Goats should be released this year (if it hasn't been already). The movie, directed by Grant Heslov, stars George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges, and is billed as a comedy.
The book is reportedly based on fact (perhaps! I have my doubts!) and is stranger than fiction. The movie was shot largely in Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment