Friday, March 6, 2009

Quote of the Day

Horton Foote with his daughter Hallie Foote

"I believe very deeply in the human spirit and I have a sense of awe about it because I don’t know how people carry on. What makes the difference in people? What is it? I’ve known people that the world has thrown everything at to discourage them, to kill them, to break their spirit. And yet something about them retains a dignity. They face life and don’t ask quarters." — Horton Foote

______________________________

It is obvious from my amateurish blog that I so admired Horton Foote and will truly miss him. Isn't that strange? That someone we never even met in person can influence and affect our lives? Not only was Horton Foote a talented writer, his humanity and his human-ness and his caring was so very evident. I'm sure that I am not the only one who never actually met him who will deeply miss him. But then there are many I have not known on a personal level who have moved me and I dare say, changed my life.
_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment