Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I love a good mystery

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!





_______________________________________


The Fifth Floor by Michael Harvey

page 9: "The Billy Goat was more cave than tavern and everything Royko and Belushi ever made it out to be. Four sets of Greek eyes watched as we walked through the door." [2 sentences - short - spare - Raymond 'Chanderlish'

page 149: "Sunlight cut across the living room, found my eyelids, and pried them open." [I know, I know: I didn't strictly follow the instructions - but also didn't give away any of this excellent mystery
________________________________________________

Author Michael Harvey is the creator of the television series Cold Case Files. I look forward to his next novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment